Camp Grafton Training Center Information
Camp Grafton Training Center (CGTC) is a National Guard Maneuver Training
Center operated by the North Dakota National Guard. CGTC is located 5 miles
south of Devils Lake on Highway 20 in northeast North Dakota. Camp Grafton is
located approximately 88 miles west of Grand Forks, ND. Camp Grafton rests on
the northeast shore of 100,000 acre lake bearing the same name as the community.
CGTC property is made up of Camp Grafton North, Camp Grafton South,
several Local Training Areas throughout North Dakota and Air Defense Artillery
weapons simulators located in Grand Forks.
CGTC is home to the 164th
Regional Training Institute, the 136th CSS Battalion and the 3662nd General
Support Maintenance Company.
- Camp Grafton North is located on the shores of Devils Lake and consists of
1,000 acres with numerous training opportunities, lodging, PX, and dining
- Camp Grafton South is located approximately 40 miles southeast of Camp
Grafton North and consists of 9,300 acres that consists mainly of training areas
and weapons ranges.
- Local Training Areas:
1. Camp Davis - located north of Valley City and
consists of 33 acres
2. Douglas Creek - located southwest of Garrison and
consists of 700 acres
3. Devils Lake located west of Devils Lake consists of
- Grand Forks - weapons simulator systems for Air Defense Artillery units. The
Improved Moving Target System (IMTS) is a state-of-the-art simulator for the
STINGER weapon system.
Access to CGTC can be
1. Highway - utilizing Highway 2 to Highway 20.
- Devils Lake Airport has flights into and out of Devils Lake daily.
3. Bus -
Bus service is available with stops in Devils Lake.
4. Train - Amtrak's
"Empire Builder" route stops in Devils Lake.
Procedures for entering Camp Grafton
1. Military personnel must have a current military
2. Civilians/contractors must have a current photo ID.
in control of vehicles must also have a valid driver's license, proof of
insurance and title of vehicle.
4. Personnel and vehicles are subject to
random inspections based on the Base Operations Manager's intent.
Call times for the Camp Grafton Training Center are listed below. All personnel
will render appropriate honors to the flag during Reveille, Retreat and To the
(1) 0615-First Call
(5) 1200-Mess Call
1701-To the Colors